- The information we collect on our website
- How we use your information
- Who we might share your information with
- How we keeping you updated on our business, products and services
- Your rights over your information
- How long we keep your information for
- Your data and Social Networks
- How to contact us
Woman Up is a registered charity No. 120343. We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. We take care to protect the privacy of our customers and users of our products and or services that communicate online or offline with us, over the phone, or through our mobile websites and social media platforms.
2. The Information we collect on our website
We only collect, process and store personally identifiable information in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018 and used expressly for the purposes of responding to enquiries on the basis of recorded communication, preferences or indicated requests for marketing information.
If you contact us other than via our website and you give us permission to do so, we may keep a record of that correspondence, adding your information and enquiry details to our customer relationship management (CRM) system. From time to time we may also use third party services, to collect your information.
The data that we collect includes details of your journey through the Woman Up website, as well as device-specific information such as IP address, mobile device, browser version, operating system, mobile network, device settings and geographical data. The type of information that we will collect on you, and you voluntarily provide to us on this website includes:
- Your full name
- Your address
- The name of your company
- Your telephone number(s)
- Your Email address
- Your IP address at the time
- The time and date of when you submitted information
- The corresponding statement that you consented toWe may, in further dealings with you, extend this information to include your purchases, services used, and subscriptions, records of conversations and agreements and payment transactions.
- You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal information; however we require at least the information above in order for us to deal with you as a service-user/enquirer/ customer in an efficient and effective manner.
- The legal basis for processing your data is based on your vital and legitimate interest that we will have stated at the point the information was initially provided, therefore we will not store, process or transfer your data outside the parties detailed above unless we have an appropriate lawful reason to do so.
The primary instance where our website will ask you for personally identifiable information is our contact form. Upon completing your information, you will be asked to consent to our data processing policy which is outlined within this document.
Once submitted, your information will be processed and forwarded to us within a single email sent by the website application. Your information will not be stored within the website application’s database.
3. How we use your information
- To contact you, following your enquiry, reply to any questions, suggestions, issues or complaints you have contacted us about;
- To provide updates to you of our services, projects, events and other aspects of Woman Up’s work.
- Make available our products and services to you;
- Process your orders;
- Take payment from you or give you a refund;
- Personalise your experience, for example we may provide you with details of products that match a product, which you may have purchased or enquired about previously;
- For statistical analysis and to get feedback from you about our products, websites, mobile apps, and other services and activities. For example, occasionally we may invite you to review a product, event or service you’ve bought or used from us. If we do, it’s possible that we’ll use independent research and feedback providers to act on our behalf;
- To power our security measures and services so you can safely access our website and mobile apps;
- Help us understand more about you, the products and services you consume, so we can serve you better;
- Contact you about products and services from us;
- Provide you with online advertising and promotions; and
- Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have.
4. Who we might share your information with
We may share your personal data with other organisations in the following circumstances:
- If the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data;
- If we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk); or
- From time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. However, all the information we share will be collected and anonymised, so neither you nor any of your devices can be identified from it.
5. How we keep you updated on our business, products and services
From time to time we may send you relevant offers and news about our business, products and services in a number by email, but only if you have consented to receive these marketing communications.
When interacting with our website, you may be asked if you’d like to sign-up to receive our email marketing communications and you will be asked explicitly to opt-in to receiving these.
You can change your Email Marketing subscription anytime by editing your preferences or unsubscribing altogether via the link at the bottom of any of our email marketing communications or by contacting us via the details at the end of this policy.
6. Your rights over your information
Right to Access Your Personal Information
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances, by making a request. This is sometimes termed ‘Subject Access Request’. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge and aim to do so within 30 days from when your identity has been confirmed.
We would ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information.
Right to Correction of Your Personal Data
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
Right to Stop or Limit Our Processing of Your Data
Under Article 21 of the GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time. This allows you to stop or prevent us from processing your personal data, if we are not obligated to use it any more.
For more information about your privacy rights
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) regulates data protection and privacy matters in the UK. They make a lot of information accessible to consumers on their website and they ensure that the registered details of all data controllers such as ourselves are available publicly.
You can make a complaint to the ICO at any time about the way we use your information. However, we hope that you would consider raising any issue or complaint you have with us first. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us, and we will always do our very best to solve any problems you may have.
7. How long we keep your information for
We retain a record of your personal information in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018 and never retain your information for longer than is necessary. Unless otherwise required by law, your data will be stored for a period of 10 years after our last contact with you, at which point it will be permanently deleted and therefore irretrievable.
8. Your data and Social Networks
When using this website, you may be able to share information through social networks. For example, when you ‘like’, ‘share’ or review our Services. When doing this, your personal information may be visible to the providers of those social networks and/or their other users. Please remember it is your responsibility to set appropriate privacy settings on your social network accounts so you are comfortable with how your information is used and shared on them.
Data security is of great importance to Woman Up and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your collected data.
We take security measures to protect your information including:
Physical & Managerial Security Procedures
- Where handwritten personal details are provided by you at an event or similar, we will keep that information private and secure. We will then record that information on a secure database and dispose of the paper in confidential waste and/or shredding.
- Limiting access to our buildings to those that we believe are entitled to be there (by use of passes, key card access and other related technologies);
- Implementing access controls to our information technology
- We use appropriate procedures and technical security measures (including strict encryption, anonymisation and archiving techniques) to safeguard your information across all our computer systems, networks, offices and stores.
- Never asking you to disclose your own passwords,
- Advising you never to enter your account number or password into an email or after following a link from an email.
- How to contact us
- If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out earlier in this policy, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
- Data Protection Officer
By contact us form on www.womanup.org.uk
By post: See address at Charity Commission website Contact information, WOMAN UP – 1203943, Register of Charities – The Charity Commission
This Policy was last updated on 4 Jan 2024